Please read carefully upon registration and check back regularly for updates and changes.
Our Response to COVID
You will now register ONLINE via Google Sheets. The link can be found on our homepage. Registrations will be accepted to our normal max capacity but we MUST abide by maximum gathering rules if restrictions are announced. For this we will be using the first come first served method. (For example, if 20 people register for a class and we are allowed to have 14 people in a class, we will give the 14 spots to the first 14 dancers who registered. The remaining 6 will be put on a wait list, and will receive an invite once restrictions lift and gathering sizes increase.)
PADC dancers will pay tuition in 8 installments. Payments will be due on the 15th of each month from September 15th to April 15th. Our months will run from the 15th-15th rather than the 1st-1st. In the event of a lockdown, Plan A Staff will finish that month of classes using online platforms, and then will stop teaching, and collecting payments, as of the 15th of the next month, until it is safe to return to the studio. Please stay up to date on our ever changing COVID Studio Rules to assure we can keep each other safe and healthy. Thank you all for your understanding and patience as we navigate through these new challenges.
Bridgewater Studio COVID Policies
- Monitor your health. If you, or someone in your household has: shown any cold or flu symptoms, visited someone positive for COVID within the last 7days, OR is awaiting test results, please do not come to the studio.
- Entrance and exit. Please be masked. Use our side door at the rear right side of the building in the Spring, Summer and Fall. In the winter we will use HB Studios front doors for entering and exiting. Please see the tour video on PADC members (Facebook group) for a visual guide of how to get to our studio via the HB entrance. Parents of younger students are required to be at the door at the beginning and end of their child’s lesson time.
- Drop off/pick up only. PADC and HB Studios ask that dancers do not bring guests/guardians into the facility. This is for the safety of all members and to help keep things in check in case we need to implement contact tracing. Parents of younger students can walk them to the door and pick them up at the door. Dancers and staff are the only members allowed in the building at this time.
- Miss Mariah’s classes. Many of Mariah’s classes are for young dancers. A staff member will be meeting our youngest dancers (age 3-5) at the door and returning them there at the end of class.
- Arrive and leave on time. If you arrive early for your lesson, please patiently wait in your vehicle and do not enter early. Our waiting room should simply be treated as a pass-through zone and not a waiting zone. This will reduce the number of people in the centre at one time. Assure that you are on time to pick up your child from dance. Our staff members teach back to back classes which do not allow time for them to watch dancers after their lessons have finished.
- Masks. Mandatory upon entrance and exit and optional while dancing.
- Increased cleaning measures. Our staff are committed to intensifying cleaning procedures for the safety of our staff and students. All high touch areas will be disinfected regularly, and the floors will be disinfected regularly.
- Stay within our centre. When you enter the facility, head straight to dance class.
- Sanitizing stations. Hand sanitizer will be provided at the studio entrance, in the studio and at the exit. Please use before, during and after class.
- We are keeping track. Plan A staff will be keeping a log of who is in the studio daily. In case of a COVID case occurring, we will be able to notify anyone who may have been in the studio on the same day.
- Reach out. While we are certainly not doctors, we are always here for our students. COVID-19 has turned many children’s worlds upside down and many people’s mental health has been affected. We want our kiddos to know that we are always here to talk to if they need a listening ear!
Call 811 if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
Liverpool Studio COVID Rules
- Monitor your health. If you, or someone in your household has: traveled out of Atlantic Canada, shown any cold or flu symptoms, visited someone who is positive for COVID within the last 7 days, OR is awaiting test results, please do not come to the studio.
- Drop off/pick up only. Dancers will gather outdoors in front of the main entrance of QPEC where they will wait for their teacher to take them into the studio. She will also bring them outside at the end of class. It is very important that you arrive on time for drop off AND pick up. Parents are not allowed in the building at this time, however if you need to see your child during dance class please see the front desk.
- Masks. Masks are optional.
- Pack light. The personal items dancers should bring with them is their personalized water bottle and mask. We will not have access to the water fountain at this time so bringing a water bottle is very important. No juice/pop please.
- Sanitizing stations. Hand sanitizer will be provided upon arrival. Please assure proper personal hygiene is followed before arriving for dance class.
- We are keeping track. Plan A staff will be keeping a log of who is in the studio daily. In case of a COVID case occurring in one of our dance families, we will be able to notify anyone who may have come in contact with that person(s).
- Reach out. While we are certainly not doctors, we are always here for our students. COVID-19 has turned many children’s worlds upside down and many people’s mental health has been affected. We want our kids to know that we are always here to talk to if they need a listening ear.
Plan A Rules
- On Facebook, ask to join our private group “PADC Members”. This is our main platform for communication.
- On Instagram, follow our public page @planadancecentre and our choreography page @padcchoreo.
- Check your email inboxes and our Important Dates tab on our website regularly to stay connected.
- Do not drop your dancer off at the studio any earlier than 5 minutes prior to their first lesson of the day.
- Assure that you are always on time for picking up your dancer and make arrangements if you are unable to make it by the end of the class.
- Refrain from wearing outdoor footwear in the studio.
- Stay up to date on our studios COVID-19 protocols.
- Remember that our yearly calendar (including performances and competitions) is always subject to change.
- Please always include your dancers name, and what the payment is for in every E-transfers note section.
- Our late tuition policy adds 5% to each late payment.
- Refunds will be available for students who have serious injuries or illness who need to withdraw from our program. Students will be refunded only for classes held after Plan A has been notified of the withdrawal.
- No refunds are given for classes that attend competitions. Payment for these classes are due regardless of withdrawal.
- Refunds for workshops and intensives will be given for valid reasons, with notice, at 50%. Students will be refunded in full in the event of a cancellation on the studios behalf.
PADC’s competitive program is designated for serious and committed dancers. Being a part of a PADC competition class means that there are certain expectations and requirements that dancers and their families will need to agree upon in order to make for a successful season. In return, PADC staff will commit to ensuring that all dancers are trained in the highest regard, in a safe and encouraging learning environment.
- All competitive dancers must be in at least one technique class.
- Dropping out of a competitive class is unacceptable. Please be positive that you can commit to the full year before registering. Full tuition will be paid to PADC in the event of a drop out from a competitive class, regardless of date once the season has begun.
- If the payment method of ‘Monthly E-transfers’ is chosen, PADC will require a credit card on your file that will only be used in the event of a missed payment.
- Competitive dancers may only miss 3 regularly scheduled classes during the season and classes should only be missed due to serious illness, injuries, or family emergencies. If a dancer misses 3 or more classes, they risk being removed the competitive team or a piece of choreography.
- Do not take vacations during competition/show season.
- If you are going to be absent for any reason you are required to notify us.
- All scheduled competitions are MANDATORY for competitive groups unless stated otherwise.
- Payment for competitions and costumes will be collected at specific intervals throughout the dance season and late fees will apply if deadlines are missed.
- Dancers who are approved to compete s/d/t’s must be committed to regular practice on their own. It is the dancer’s responsibility to ensure that their dances are clean and well-rehearsed by competition season. For our younger competitive dancers this will also require extra time and commitment for parents/guardians.
- There will be an option to have additional cleaning sessions available for an hourly rate. This is recommended. If the teacher does not feel that the dance is “competition ready” that dance may be omitted from the upcoming competition – even if non-refundable fees have already been paid. Please keep dances polished so that this does not occur.
- If a duo or trio member decides to no longer continue with a piece that has already been choreographed, they must pay a $35 fee to cover the cost of a reblocking session for the remaining dancer(s) with their choreographer.
- Dances for the year end showcase will be selected in the spring. Due to the large number of dances there is no guarantee that all s/d/t will be included in the showcase. Choices will be made by PADC Staff only.
- Any and all choreography from external choreographers must be approved by Mallory before they can be performed or competed under our name and will likely not be in recitals.
- If you book and miss a session, payment for the said session will still be due.
- PADC choreography cannot be competed or performed under any other studio name.
- It is your choice what competitions you enter your s/d/t in. You will be prompted early in the season to let us know which ones you have chosen.
- Be forewarned that a dance competition may occur on a school day. Dates are subject to change.
- Dancers are responsible for their own means of transportation to and from all dance events.
- With each competition we attend there are additional fees and policies which are outside of PADC’s control. Competition entry fees must be paid by their deadline to assure your dancer and their team are not disqualified.
- Competition etiquette must be followed by all dancers and parents. If a student or parent is heard saying anything inappropriate (negativity towards other studios, dancers, the competition, scores etc.) they risk being disqualified from the competition and/or being removed from the PADC competitive program.
Parental Code Of Conduct
- I will inform my child’s dance instructor and/or the Studio Director of any ailments or physical limitations that my child has that may affect their performance and/or behaviors at the studio.
- I will keep myself up-to-date on studio events by regularly checking the email I provided at registration, the closed Facebook group for parents “PADC Members”, the “Important Dates” page on our website (www.planadancecentre.com), and our public Facebook and Instagram pages.
- I, as well as my guests, will help to encourage sportsmanship, respect, and courtesy, by demonstrating positive support of all dancers, instructors, event holders, and spectators at the studio and at all events where PADC will be represented.
- I understand that any form of bullying (another parent, dancer, or instructor), or defaming the studio name is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
- I will emphasize personal growth and development to my child and always support them in a positive manner. I will remind them that they should always strive to meet their personal goals, and that this is more important than winning medals and trophies or competing with others.
- I will help my child meet personal goals, but I will refrain from coaching my child or other children.
- I understand that the dance instructors are qualified professionals and I will trust, and never discredit, their teaching methods and/or certifications.
- I will encourage my child to resolve any conflict in a positive manner, and to always treat others with respect and dignity.
- If I have a concern, I will contact the Studio Director, rather than discuss with other dancers or parents. I will refrain from using social media to speak negatively about the program, the instructors, the dancers, or other parents.
- I understand that dance is a physical activity and with that there are risks. I waive any and all claims that may occur in the future as a result of participation in sports with PADC.
- I understand that although my opinions and suggestions are valued, the final decision will always be up to the staff and director of Plan A Dance Centre.
- I understand that dance is a team sport and my child’s commitment is very important to the success of the team as a whole. I will: ensure my child has transportation to all classes and events, pay tuition, competition, and costume fees on time, encourage the importance of consistent attendance and regular practice, and be a supportive dance-guardian.
- I understand that agreement to this Code of Conduct is imperative to the safety and well-being of all members of Plan A Dance Centre. If the contents of this agreement are not respected, my child risks being removed from the programming at PADC, without refund.
CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY: Classes may be cancelled due to storms or severe storm warnings, power outages, facility closures or instructor illness. Factors considered when deciding to cancel class include: weather and road conditions, weather forecasts, and above all, the safety of students, parents, and teachers. School closures do not indicate that dance will be cancelled. Weather conditions can vary greatly and change rapidly from one area to another so please use your own discretion when traveling to class this winter. We try to make these decisions 2 hours before the start of lessons. WHEN CLASSES ARE CANCELLED there will be a message on our closed Facebook page, public Facebook page, public Instagram page and an email will be sent to every primary email address provided at registration; so please check your social media regularly this season to stay connected. Every term we allow 2 cancellations per class in Bridgewater and 1 cancellation in Liverpool in the calculated fees.
By registering my child at Plan A Dance Centre, I agree to and accept all of the Policies outlined on this page.